Monday, September 19, 2011

Irradiation

First project for New Media: Video Installation class was to be an abstract video. I chose to use a video I took with my poor quality phone of my ceiling fan and brought it into Adobe After Effects CS5. I can't quite tell you what I did from there because this was my first time using this software so I pushed a bunch of buttons and put a lot of effects. Then I brought it into Adobe Premiere CS5 to work out the timing, audio, and video editing.

I enjoyed my first video but during our first critique I was told that it was too simple and that the sound needs to be changed. Also my idea of it just being a ceiling fan didn't sit well with anyone. I do not think in an abstract way so it drives me a little crazy when these sorts of projects are given. But oh well...I changed it. For the sound I found a place that gives free sounds and found a drone sound than I recorded it playing using Photobooth and just edited out the video in Premiere while adding some effects as well.

I've been told its creepy and someone commented on youtube the beginning verse of the Twilight Zone XD....love it!

Here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment